Thursday 19 June 2014

Be simple and sincere....

Be simple and sincere.
It is sheer waste of money 
to burden the pictures and idols
in the shrines and altars of your homes 
with a weight of garlands, and to parade 
costly utensils and vessels and offerings,
to show off your devotion. 

This is deception; it demeans Divinity, 
imputing to it the desire for pomp and publicity.
I ask only for purity of heart, to shower Grace. 

Do not posit distance between you and Me; 
do not interpose the formalities of the 
Preceptor-disciple relationship, 
or even the altitudinal distinctions of 
the God-Devotee relationship, between you and Me.

I am neither Guru nor God; I am You; 
You are I; that is the Truth. There is no distinction. 
That which appears so is the delusion. 
You are waves; I am the Ocean. Know this and be free, be Divine.

from a divine source...

No comments:

Post a Comment